Game Day Loaded Vegan Chick'n Nachos, 2 Ways
By Coach Kat, Nov. 19, 2018, copyright Bronwyn Katdaré 2019
· 2 Gardein Chick’n Scallopini, chopped (or Something Better Chick’n or Atlas Monroe Extra Crispy Chick'n)
· 1 ½ cup corn
· 2 tomatoes, diced
· 1 can black beans
· 1tsp cayenne (optional)
· 1 tsp garlic powder
· 1 cup green onions, chopped
· 2 cups of your favorite vegan buffalo sauce
· 2 avocados, diced
· 12 oz organic corn tortilla chips
· ½ cup vegan mayo
· 2 tablespoons lemon juice
· Pinch of salt
1. Put frozen vegan Chick'n into the oven at 350 F for 18 minutes flipping in between or follow package instructions. 2. Heat black beans in a saucepan on medium heat. Add garlic powder, salt, and cayenne. 3. Put tortilla chips in the oven at 350 F for 5 minutes. 4. Pour black beans over chips. 5. Evenly spread corn, tomatoes, and green onions over beans. 6. Spread chopped Chick'n & avocados over toppings. 7. Take vegan mayo, put a pinch of salt, and squeeze the lemon into the mayo for a quick homemade vegan sour cream. 8. Dollop the homemade sour cream onto nachos. 9. Drizzle buffalo sauce over the top.
For a version made with potatoes instead of tortilla chips, you will need:
· 4 russet potatoes cut into slices about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch thick (I used my food processor for this)
· 3 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 bag Daiya cheddar style shreds (vegan)
· 1 bag Daiya pepperjack style shreds (vegan)
· All of the toppings from the first recipe
1. Heat oven to 425 F. Toss potato slices with olive oil, salt and black pepper.
2. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray.
3. Bake for about 10 minutes, flip the potato slices, and continue baking for 10-15 minutes longer.
4. *Optional: Turn the broiler on and broil for a few minutes until the potato slices are crispy. Remove the potatoes from the oven, turn off the broiler and turn the oven on to 425 F.
5. Spread a layer of potatoes on the sheet pan. Sprinkle the layer with a combination of Daiya Pepperjack and Cheddar Style Shreds. Evenly spread beans, tomatoes, onions, corn, and Gardein Chick'n over the potatoes.
6. Add another layer of potatoes and top with the remaining Daiya shreds, beans, tomatoes, onions, corn, and chick'n.
·7. Bake nachos for 8-12 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through so cheese melts evenly.
·8. Remove from the oven and let set for a few minutes before serving. Serve with avocado, vegan sour cream, and buffalo sauce.